Labels

8/18/2012

Cross-Country Road Trip: Day One, 8/15/12

We said goodbye to our home in Philadelphia.
Please pardon the slight "detour" from the usual solely food-centered blog. I am incorporating some of the details from T.C.'s and my cross-country trip from Philadelphia, PA to Crestline, CA. Which states we drive through, routes we take, places we stay, stops we make. And, of course the food along the way. Feel free to follow along and "enjoy the ride."

We said goodbye to Philadelphia. We packed the POD and headed on our way. Two humans, two dogs, one cat, three houseplants (and a partridge in a pear tree)--all in a Hyundai Elantra.

The POD, picked up by "The Podzilla." I'm not joking.
Though we lived in NE Philadelphia, we've had this prized song stuck in our head: Jimmy Falon as Bob Dylan singing 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air'.

Our last bucket item was checked off before we left town: a visit to the Edgar Allen Poe National Historic Site. Consider me a tad morbid or nerdy, but I've/we've always been a really big admirer of his work. Poe's house in Philadelphia is the only house in which he lived that is still standing. It was fascinating--not with character and mystery.




















States/Districts:
  • Pennsylvania
  • New Jersey
  • Delaware
  • Maryland
  • Washington, DC
  • Virginia 
Visits:
  • Edgar Allen Poe National Historic Site, Philadelphia, PA
  • Washington, DC
  • T.C.'s grandfather's, Dumfries, VA
Route:
  • I-95
Please feel free to comment with any suggestions for things to do and see, especially in the states of Colorado and Arizona.




Pin It Now!

2 comments:

The Grand Canyon and Sedona are both must sees in Arizona. Flagstaff was one of our favorite spots too.

Thanks, Jess! We're planning on seeing the Grand Canyon for the first time in just a couple of days. We can't wait! Flagstaff really is beautiful, but I don't think either of us have seen Sedona just yet. We might have to make that a priority.

Post a Comment

About

I'm just a girl who loves food, drink, and sharing what tastes right. Some people say I think about food as often as guys are said to think about.... Well, you get the picture. Very seldom am I able to stick to a recipe. If I use someone else's, keep your eyes peeled for some of my own tweaks. I have a sweet tooth, and I like my butter. If I feel so inclined, I'll add a little extra something.

My furry-faced fiance, T.C., will give ratings (e.g., 4 out of 5 beards, or "stars") for each dish.

Feel free to experiment with me. "Re-learn to taste."

Follow

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More