Labels

5/23/2012

Chocolate Chip, Banana Pancakes with Whipped Cream: A Birthday Breakfast


Okay. Almost everyone knows how to make pancakes, right? Of course. What I'm offering is a tip or two on how to make banana pancakes turn out (almost) perfect. Tip #1: After they were done, I wish I had added maybe 1/4 - 1/2 c. buttermilk to make 'em a little more moist.

T.C. rates 4/5 beards






Ingredients:
2 c. Bisquick
1 c. milk
2 eggs
1/2 c. chocolate chips
2 bananas
whipped cream



Make sure you have all of the ingredients together, as this process can be pretty time sensitive. First, add the Bisquick mix to your mixing bowl.


Add all of your milk, eggs, and chocolate chips to the Bisquick. This is where I'd probably add some buttermilk to the mix. I find it best to use a whisk. Tip #2: Don't add the bananas just yet.





Make sure your pan is evenly hot (on medium temp). Use a non-stick cooking spray. Ladle 1/2 scoops into the pan. You want small to medium pancakes, so everything cooks through well enough, and the pancakes will be easier to flip (more on that in a bit).


While the pan is warming, cut the bananas about 1/4 inch thick--the thinner, the easier to cook.


Tip #3: Push the bananas into the raw pancake. Now, if the bananas are mixed into the batter, there's a greater chance that the pancakes might have some raw batter in the center. Get your banans to look like this (below), and you'll have a bananas foster-esque sort o' taste. Yum, right?


Tip #4: Put a lid on it. I don't know about you, but I've never really been able to get that perfect pancake flip. That is, until I learned (trial & error) that placing a lid on the pan allows the pancake to cook through enough to keep the pancake solid while flipping. Of course. Only took me 27 years.


Your pancakes are ready to be flipped when they look a little somethin' like this:



Eat your heart out.

Pin It Now!

1 comments:

The "cracking the egg" action shot is my favorite

Post a Comment

About

I'm just a girl who loves food, drink, and sharing what tastes right. Some people say I think about food as often as guys are said to think about.... Well, you get the picture. Very seldom am I able to stick to a recipe. If I use someone else's, keep your eyes peeled for some of my own tweaks. I have a sweet tooth, and I like my butter. If I feel so inclined, I'll add a little extra something.

My furry-faced fiance, T.C., will give ratings (e.g., 4 out of 5 beards, or "stars") for each dish.

Feel free to experiment with me. "Re-learn to taste."

Follow

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More