Labels

5/22/2012

Penne with Broccoli, Mushrooms, Parmesan Romano


This yummy dish is pure comfort food for me, not to mention easy. I whipped this one up in about 20 minutes, tops. What's nice about it is you can really add or take away anything you'd like, and no matter what you'll have something really scrumptious. 
T.C. gives it: 4/5 beards
Ingredients:
3 c. uncooked penne pasta
1/2 bunch of broccoli
2-3 large white mushrooms
2 tbsp sea salt
3 tbsp salted butter
salt
pepper
garlic, minced
parsley, dried
cayenne pepper
onion powder
parmesan romano
extra virgin olive oil



Just a tip: I usually save the stalk of the broccoli, as it is sometimes tasty in soups, stir-fry, etc.


While cutting the veggies, set the water to rapid boil. Make sure to add the sea salt; like Little Miss Rachel Ray likes to say: this is your only chance to flavor the pasta itself.


Once the water is boiling rapidly, go ahead and add the pasta. I usually taste the pasta to see when it is done. I love pasta al dente.


Now that you have the pasta on, place the broccoli and mushrooms in a pot with water about an inch high, or so. Set it to medium heat. This should finish steaming about the same time the pasta is nice and perfect. 


Now that everything is done, drain the pasta and veggies. Toss 'em all together in the larger pan in which you cooked the pasta. Add the all of the seasonings, butter, and parmesan romano. You may drizzle the pasta with a bit of extra virgin olive oil if you'd like the dish a little more moist. Either way you prefer, it's gonna be delicious.


Eat your heart out.

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About

I'm just a girl who loves food, drink, and sharing what tastes right. Some people say I think about food as often as guys are said to think about.... Well, you get the picture. Very seldom am I able to stick to a recipe. If I use someone else's, keep your eyes peeled for some of my own tweaks. I have a sweet tooth, and I like my butter. If I feel so inclined, I'll add a little extra something.

My furry-faced fiance, T.C., will give ratings (e.g., 4 out of 5 beards, or "stars") for each dish.

Feel free to experiment with me. "Re-learn to taste."

Follow

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More