Labels

7/09/2012

Pinteresting Pairings: A Hearty, Year-Round Italian Meal

Over the past couple of weeks, I've noticed a trend: People tend to find the task of assembling all components of a full meal a bit burdensome.

I'm introducing a weekly feature to EYHO called "Pinteresting Pairings." This type of post provides a platform for me to piece together recipes, from my Pinterest page, to make a full meal. Most often, I will try to include a drink, an appetizer, an entrée, and a dessert.

Feel free to leave comments regarding sides, desserts, and the like, that might go well with the other featured dishes. Your creativity is always welcome.


Please take the first Pinteresting Pairings post as an example of features to come:



Starter
Roasted Grapes with Thyme, Fresh Ricotta,  and Grilled Bread
Entrée
Oven Fried Parmesan Garlic Chicken

Side
Zucchini Tomato Gratin

Dessert
Creme Brûlée

Eat your heart out.

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

For dinner last night I made a grilled chicken breast with a spinach and goat cheese stuffing. I had it with a simple side of roasted mushrooms, but I think it would have been better served with a side portion of the Penne with Broccoli, Mushrooms, Parmesan Romano from your blog (even if it is normally an entrée). The stuffed chicken breast was good, but just not hearty enough for me. I think pairing it with your penne definitely would have been a robust meal.

The recipe that I used can be found here:
http://goo.gl/wybK0

I think the cooking time has to be reduced by just a bit though...my chicken was slightly overdone.

Asif, that dish sounds incredible. I can't wait to make the recipe. Of course, I'd heard of chicken cordon bleu, but I really like the idea of the chicken stuffed with goat cheese and spinach--it's such a great combination. It sounds to me like the chicken paired with penne would be a really good option for you. It might even be tasty with a side of mushroom risotto and a nice glas of wine.

Here's a go-to recipe for mushroom risotto, if you're ever interested: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/gourmet-mushroom-risotto/

Thanks for the risotto recipe. I've never actually tried making a risotto, so it might be fun to give it a shot.

I've only ever made risotto once - it required much time and patience, but the payoff is great.

Post a Comment

About

I'm just a girl who loves food, drink, and sharing what tastes right. Some people say I think about food as often as guys are said to think about.... Well, you get the picture. Very seldom am I able to stick to a recipe. If I use someone else's, keep your eyes peeled for some of my own tweaks. I have a sweet tooth, and I like my butter. If I feel so inclined, I'll add a little extra something.

My furry-faced fiance, T.C., will give ratings (e.g., 4 out of 5 beards, or "stars") for each dish.

Feel free to experiment with me. "Re-learn to taste."

Follow

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More