Labels

6/14/2012

Knock-Off Olive Garden Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo




This is one of my go-to comfort dishes. I have tried time, and time again, to make the perfect alfredo sauce. I didn't come close until I found this recipe. It *actually* tastes like Olive Garden's. The butter and the parmesan combine to make this sinfully creamy texture. I nearly gained five pounds just from reading the recipe. It's nice to know that I can have the restaurant taste, without the restaurant prices. 
T.C. rates: 3.5 beards

Jen rates: 4.0 beards


Side note: If I were to make this recipe again, I would actually add a little more parmesan to the cream mixture. Yes, more.

Ingredients:

Fettuccine 
1 chicken breast, sliced
1 stick butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pint heavy cream
1 c. parmesan (or a little more, for an extra sharp taste)
2 tbsp. cream cheese (or neufchâtel cheese)
salt and pepper



Get the pasta going, by following the directions on the package. Make sure to add about a teaspoon of salt to flavor the pasta itself. I also suggest removing the fettuccine from heat, draining, and rinsing it when the texture feels al dente. Side note: rinsing pasta with cold water stops steam from continuing the cooking process. 


In a medium sauce pan, begin to cook the butter and garlic over medium heat for approximately two minutes.


Add cream and cream cheese to the butter-garlic mixture, and warm until just slightly bubbly (not to the point of boiling).



While the cream and cream cheese are warming, add the sliced chicken breast to an already-hot frying pan. Add some salt and pepper. The chicken will cook relatively quickly, since the chicken is already sliced. Make sure to keep an eye on it and flip the pieces when they look similar to below.


Now, here comes the really mouthwatering part: add the parmesan cheese. Then, add the salt and pepper to taste. I happen to really love my pepper.




Place some fettuccine on a plate, the chicken on top of that, and drizzle the alfredo sauce over it all.


Eat your heart out.

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About

I'm just a girl who loves food, drink, and sharing what tastes right. Some people say I think about food as often as guys are said to think about.... Well, you get the picture. Very seldom am I able to stick to a recipe. If I use someone else's, keep your eyes peeled for some of my own tweaks. I have a sweet tooth, and I like my butter. If I feel so inclined, I'll add a little extra something.

My furry-faced fiance, T.C., will give ratings (e.g., 4 out of 5 beards, or "stars") for each dish.

Feel free to experiment with me. "Re-learn to taste."

Follow

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More