Labels

6/27/2012

Moist Mexican Cornbread


My fiance claims that the best cornbread is made by Chef Tim of the Phi Delta Theta house belonging to Florida State University. You may ask, "A chef of a fraternity house?" Believe me, that's the same question I asked. The answer: "Really." I have made a number of various recipes in repeated attempt to change this perspective, to no avail. That is, until I made this recipe, courtesy of a friend. He said 'em, folks--the words I've been waiting to hear for a good deal of time: "You know, I think this cornbread might rival that of Chef Tim." 

Trust me when I say that this recipe is a must-follow.

Ingredients:

1 c. salted butter, melted
1 c. white sugar
4 eggs
1 (15 oz.) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
1/2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. yellow cornmeal
4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt


Directions:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.


Melt one cup salted butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl.



Add the sugar to the butter in the large bowl; beat ingredients together until creamy and smooth.



Add eggs to the bowl, one at a time.


Blend in the green chile peppers, Monterey Jack cheese, and Cheddar cheese; fold together. I know you may be tempted to taste at this point, but don't go getting salmonella on me, now.



In a separate bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, yellow cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.


Add the flour-cornmeal mixture to the bowl of wet ingredients; stir until smooth.



Pour the batter into the greased baking pan.


Bake in the preheated oven for approximately one hour, or until a toothpick or butter knife inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean.



Eat your heart out.

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About

I'm just a girl who loves food, drink, and sharing what tastes right. Some people say I think about food as often as guys are said to think about.... Well, you get the picture. Very seldom am I able to stick to a recipe. If I use someone else's, keep your eyes peeled for some of my own tweaks. I have a sweet tooth, and I like my butter. If I feel so inclined, I'll add a little extra something.

My furry-faced fiance, T.C., will give ratings (e.g., 4 out of 5 beards, or "stars") for each dish.

Feel free to experiment with me. "Re-learn to taste."

Follow

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More