Labels

8/18/2012

Cross-Country Road Trip: Day Two, 8/16/12

T.C. and his grandfather: Dumfries, VA
Penny finds a sweet place to rest her head.
Shenandoah National Park Overlook



The pups are already enjoying the fresh air. Just wait until they get to our little part of the mountain.




Once we got to Lexington, KY, it was so late that Applebee's was one of maybe two restaurants open. As soon as we opened the door to the restaurant, we heard incredibly loud, poorly sung music. What was it? Karaoke/ Happy Hour at the local watering hole. We ordered a couple of beers, along with some bites, and enjoyed the show. 

Wonderful singer of Johnny Cash.
States:
  • Virginia
  • West Virginia
  • Kentucky
Visits:
  • Dumfries, VA
  • Lexington, KY
Routes:
  • 211
  • Skyline Drive through Shenandoah National Park
  • 81
  • 64
  • 77
What's your favorite National Park? Better yet: What's your favorite karaoke song?

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

I want to dance with somebody- Whitney Houston.

That's a great one--one that would have everyone singing/clapping along with you. I think mine would be B-52's, 'Love Shack.'

We just went to Sequoia National Park this past March and LOVED it! I think you would too :)

And I concur with Love Shack in fact the only time I have done Karaoke it was to that song!

I love Sequoia! It's one of my favorite camping spots. I smell a double-date camping trip! And a Karaoke girls' night....

Post a Comment

About

I'm just a girl who loves food, drink, and sharing what tastes right. Some people say I think about food as often as guys are said to think about.... Well, you get the picture. Very seldom am I able to stick to a recipe. If I use someone else's, keep your eyes peeled for some of my own tweaks. I have a sweet tooth, and I like my butter. If I feel so inclined, I'll add a little extra something.

My furry-faced fiance, T.C., will give ratings (e.g., 4 out of 5 beards, or "stars") for each dish.

Feel free to experiment with me. "Re-learn to taste."

Follow

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More