Labels

5/24/2014

Sausage, Mini Bell, Onion, Cheese Frittata


A perfect birthday treat for my husband! I made a (~)9x11 to have the next morning or so for a quick breakfast on the go.

8 eggs (beaten)
2 cups shredded jack cheese
3 hot sausages (sliced)
All vegetables: whichever, and however much, to your liking
sliced mini bell peppers: red, orange, yellow (sliced)
white onion (sliced)
white mushrooms (sliced)
salt
pepper

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. In a large bowl, beat 8 eggs and add a dash of water (about a tablespoon or two) to help create a nice, fluffy frittata. In a pan, add some spray or a tablespoon of butter. To the pan, add the sliced vegetables and the sausage links. Add a tad of salt and pepper. When the mixture is lightly golden brown, remove from the pan.

Add the vegetables to a separate large bowl. This may sound a little strange, but slice the sausage links in the bowl of vegetables--this way all of the juices that pour out of the sausage flavor the vegetable combination. To the vegetable-meat mixture, add the egg and the cheese. Combine thoroughly.

To a lightly oiled/sprayed baking pan (approximately 9x11), add the ingredients. bake for about 15-20 minutes. Take the frittata out of the oven; once you see that it is almost congealed, place back in the oven, turn on the high broiler, and let broil for about 4-5 minutes, or until light, crispy brown.

Eat your heart out.

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About

I'm just a girl who loves food, drink, and sharing what tastes right. Some people say I think about food as often as guys are said to think about.... Well, you get the picture. Very seldom am I able to stick to a recipe. If I use someone else's, keep your eyes peeled for some of my own tweaks. I have a sweet tooth, and I like my butter. If I feel so inclined, I'll add a little extra something.

My furry-faced fiance, T.C., will give ratings (e.g., 4 out of 5 beards, or "stars") for each dish.

Feel free to experiment with me. "Re-learn to taste."

Follow

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More