Labels

6/23/2012

Cheesecake-Filled Strawberries


This dessert couldn't be tastier. Scratch that! Next time, I'm using chocolate-covered strawberries. (Original recipe found here.)

Caution: Drool-inducing pictures lie below.

Ingredients:

1 lb. fresh strawberries
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
3 1/2 tbsp. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Graham cracker crumbs
Piping bag, or ziplock bag


First step: Rinse those strawberries. Dry them off with a paper towel.


Next, stem and core the strawberries with a paring knife. Snacking on strawberry pieces along the way? Tell me. What's not to love?



Side note: Use a paper towel to dry the interior of the strawberries, as they might be a little moist from washing. If there's water lining the strawberries, the cheesecake mixture may not secure.


Place the cream cheese in a microwave-safe dish; microwave for approximately 20 seconds to soften.



Add the powdered sugar and vanilla; combine thoroughly.



Prepare the piping or ziplock bag by folding the opening over your fingers.



Carefully spoon the cheesecake mixture into the bag.


Once you have all of that deliciousness in the bag, fold it over to remove any air and seal.


Give the neck of the bag a twist, and cut the very tip.



Gently squeeze the cheesecake filling into the strawberries. Wipe the drool off of your chin--that's just unsanitary.



Crumble one graham cracker onto a plate; dress the cheesecake-filled strawberries by either dipping or sprinkling.



And there you have it--an incredibly quick, easy, and satisfying dessert.


Eat your heart out.

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About

I'm just a girl who loves food, drink, and sharing what tastes right. Some people say I think about food as often as guys are said to think about.... Well, you get the picture. Very seldom am I able to stick to a recipe. If I use someone else's, keep your eyes peeled for some of my own tweaks. I have a sweet tooth, and I like my butter. If I feel so inclined, I'll add a little extra something.

My furry-faced fiance, T.C., will give ratings (e.g., 4 out of 5 beards, or "stars") for each dish.

Feel free to experiment with me. "Re-learn to taste."

Follow

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More