Labels

6/13/2012

Heart-Shaped Apples on Pancakes: A Way to Make a Delicious Breakfast Even More Special


I've learned many things about myself over the past several years. One lesson: I'm no morning person. There is so much to tackle each day, it is sometimes difficult to get up and make time for an involved breakfast before it all begins; however, one other thing I've learned is that, when I do something like this for myself, the rest of the day goes a little smoother. (Somewhere, Michael Jordan is grinning #Breakfastofchampions) Trust me when I say that the taste of these pancakes are worth the extra 30 minutes.

Original recipe can be found here.


Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 apple, sliced and cut into heart shapes
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • cooking spray

Directions

  1. Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".
  2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into "soured" milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
  3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Place a slice of heart-shaped apple on top of the bubbles.
  4. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.

Eat your heart out.

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About

I'm just a girl who loves food, drink, and sharing what tastes right. Some people say I think about food as often as guys are said to think about.... Well, you get the picture. Very seldom am I able to stick to a recipe. If I use someone else's, keep your eyes peeled for some of my own tweaks. I have a sweet tooth, and I like my butter. If I feel so inclined, I'll add a little extra something.

My furry-faced fiance, T.C., will give ratings (e.g., 4 out of 5 beards, or "stars") for each dish.

Feel free to experiment with me. "Re-learn to taste."

Follow

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More