Labels

6/02/2012

Philly Beer Week


Philly Beer Week (actually 10 days [!]) began yesterday, June 1st, and will run through June 10th. When we say "Philadelphia," we're not just talking the 5 mile wide metropolitan area. Venues within a 2 mile radius of Center City are pouring brews this 10-day stretch.

"Established in 2008, it's the largest beer celebration of its kind in America, featuring hundreds of festivals, dinners, tours, pub crawls, tastings and met-the-brewer nights to area bars, restaurants and other locations throughout Greater Philadelphia" (http://www.phillybeerweek.org/about_beer_week.cfm).

Philadelphia's annual Philly Beer Week has become so well-celebrated that, now, approximately 100 other cities observe (dare I say) comparable festivities.

In addition to micro-brew events, breweries and restaurants of the city are hosting educational programs (e.g., beer tasting, "meet the brewer"), games, special menus and dinners, etc.

To give you just a taste, click on the following links:


T.C., some friends, and I are really looking forward to experiencing our first Philly Beer Week.

Click here for more info on beers, booze, and bites.

Hoppy Beer Week, y'all! Taste your heart out.

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About

I'm just a girl who loves food, drink, and sharing what tastes right. Some people say I think about food as often as guys are said to think about.... Well, you get the picture. Very seldom am I able to stick to a recipe. If I use someone else's, keep your eyes peeled for some of my own tweaks. I have a sweet tooth, and I like my butter. If I feel so inclined, I'll add a little extra something.

My furry-faced fiance, T.C., will give ratings (e.g., 4 out of 5 beards, or "stars") for each dish.

Feel free to experiment with me. "Re-learn to taste."

Follow

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More